For the next couple months, former Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder will check in from time to time to bring fans up to date on his preparations for the April NFL Draft
Third Entry - Ponder answers a handful of questions:
1) What have you been up to over the past week at Athlete's Performance in Arizona?
Ponder: Our workouts have started winding down the past week to get our legs back underneath us. We changed our workouts to just have one a day rather than the two work outs we have done since I got there. I have been going down to Arizona State almost everyday to run through my Pro Day script with Coach Mazzone. I had the chance to sit down with Ty Detmer to get myself with the West Coast Offense in preparation for the Combine. Coach Mazzone also taught me the Triple Digit system that is used in the NFL.
2) How are things progressing with your workouts and how are you feeling?
Ponder: As I said, workouts are winding down but I can definitely feel that I have gotten faster and stronger. I have put on a lot of weight as I was 219 when I came to API and now weigh 235 with 7% body fat. My forearm is feeling great. It is definitely back to normal as I have had absolutely no issues with it. My choice of not throwing at the Combine has absolutely nothing to do with my arm.
3) Have you had a chance to work out with anyone else besides Tebow, any good stories coming from Arizona?
Ponder: I haven't really had the chance to work out with anyone outside the group that I have had the whole time since I've been here but it is cool to see the likes of Manny Ramirez, Evan Longoria, Pat Burrell, and Jacoby Ellsbury working out at the same time.
4) What are your plans for the draft?
Ponder: I haven't made any set plans for the draft as of yet. I am sure I will probably keep it low key back in Dallas with my family.
5) Have you guys been keeping an eye on the lockout situaton? What is your agent and others telling you about it?
Ponder: I have been trying to get as much information as possible about the lockout situation but no information is being given out so I can't worry about it too much. I can only control what I have the ability to control so I am only worried about the Combine and my Pro Day right now. I am sure once March 4th rolls around, we will get some more information on the situation.
6) Have you had a chance to talk to any of your teammates at FSU, and if so, what have you heard from them as to how they are doing or what they are up to?
Ponder: Ochuko Jenije has sent me a couple texts and E.J. has tweeted at me a few times but that's about it. The team and I are so busy that we haven't had a whole lot of time to catch up. I will be out there a week before my Pro Day so I am looking forward to catching up with everyone.
7) What do you have going on this upcoming week?
Ponder: I leave for the Combine on Wednesday morning and will be there until Sunday and then come back to Phoenix for my final preparations for Pro Day.