Bolden tallied season-highs in catches (eight) and reception yardage (154) in the Golden Eagles' win over Memphis. One of his catches was a 28-yard touchdown reception early in the fourth quarter. He helped Southern Miss jump out to an early lead by registering five catches for 105 yards in the opening quarter. His reception total also included grabs of 47 and 41 yards. It was his first 100-yard receiving game and second for the Golden Eagles in 2010. His reception yards rank as the 11th highest for a game in school history.
Williams participated in six of the Golden Eagles' 44 total tackles against Memphis. Five of his tackles were solos, and he added a sack for seven yards and 1.5 TFLs for eight yards. The captain of the Golden Eagle defense helped limit UM to 32 yards rushing - the fewest surrendered by the Eagles this season - and just 3-of-12 on third-down conversions. His biggest tackle of the game on a 3rd-and-1 play in the third quarter in which he stopped the Tigers for no gain and made UM settle for a field goal. On UM's last scoring drive, Williams finished his day with a sack on 3rd-and-12 to make UM have to kick another field goal.
Registered four punts for a 44.2 yard average and did not have one returned in the contest. Boehme booted his longest punt of 51 yards in the contest, notching his second 50-plus yard punt of the season. It was the third game this season the Golden Eagles did not surrender any punt return yardage.
* Southern Miss scored at least 40 points for the third straight game and for the fourth time this season in its win over Memphis. USM has now also scored 40 or more points in six of its last eight league games.
* The Golden Eagles got off to another fast start against UM on Saturday with 17 first-quarter points. USM has scored at least 14 points in the first quarter four times this season and have outscored its opponent 81-16 in the opening period.
* Junior place kicker Daniel Hrapmann had two field goal attempts hit the crossbar on Saturday, and unfortunately for USM, the second one bounced off no good which snapped the kicker's consecutive field goals made streak at 17. Hrapmann still leads the country in field goals per game at 2.29.
* Redshirt freshman Kendrick Hardy recorded the team's first 100-yard rushing game of the season with 101 yards on 11 carries, including the longest offensive play of the season for the Golden Eagles of 59 yards on the ground for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. It is the first 100-yard rushing game for the school since Damion Fletcher had 136 yards on the ground against Houston last season.
* USM's defense held its opponent to under 100 yards rushing for the fourth-straight game and fifth overall. As a result, they currently rank No. 5 in rushing defense in the FBS and No. 12 in total defense.
* The Golden Eagles are now 13-0 under Fedora when they hold their opponent s to under 20 points.
* Southern Miss finished a five-game span of playing programs with first-year coaches against UM and went 4-1 over that stretch.
* The team will enjoy its off week, before returning to action at home against UAB, Oct. 30, in an 11 a.m. contest.