- When asked, O'Brien said that there were no new significant injuries to report. Redshirt freshman tailback Tony Creecy was spotted in a walking boot on his right foot.
- O'Brien was asked about the conference expansion rumors, but he noted having experience going through expansion at Boston College, he learned not to comment until facts come out.
- The biggest question mark entering the season as far as O'Brien was concerned was the kicking game, but O'Brien said that the freshmen (kicker Niklas Sade, punter Wil Baumann and long snapper Scott Thompson) have impressed. He noted that all three came to NC State's camp, which is important because it gave the coaches a chance to evaluate them both physically and mentally.
- Redshirt freshman Tyler Brosius has taken most of the snaps as the backup quarterback.
- When asked if the offense will look any difference, O'Brien answered the offense will reflect redshirt junior quarterback Mike Glennon's strength. O'Brien added that one positive about Glennon is that he does not feel pressure and does not get flustered easily.
O'Brien did say that the passing game must get better and has not developed the consistency it needs yet. He said that there were more dropped passes in Friday night's scrimmage than there had been in most of the preseason.
The positive was that State did do a better job running the football Friday night, but at this point NCSU is more consistent on defense than offense.