South Carolina picked up another four-star verbal commitment when Marietta (Ga.) Kell defensive back Brendan Langley pledged to the Gamecocks.
The 6-foot-1, 181-pounder earned an impressive group of offers during the recruiting process, including the likes of Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and numerous others.
The Peach State cornerback is currently ranked as the 22nd-best prospect in the state of Georgia by Rivals.com and the 26th-best cornerback prospect nationally.
Langley was recruited to South Carolina by quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus with assistance from defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward and defensive backs coach Grady Brown.
He is the seventh verbal commitment for the Gamecocks out of the state of Georgia in the 2013 recruiting class and number 19 overall.
Langley released the following statement Wednesday evening:
"I'm very blessed to have this sort of problem on my hands. One of the best problems you could ever have as a teenager growing up. I know that I had help reaching this point and I would like to thank these people up front. These people being my family, who I truly love and are 100% to my decision, as well as my high school teammates and coaches at Kell. Special thanks to the Kell High School community who is always supportive of our program in supporting our fundraisers and attending our friday night games. And to Natarvis Chang, my head coach Derrick Cook, Eric Burke, and Fabian Stone, who all mentored me throughout this process and kept me level headed. There's no football like Kell Football.
"The recruiting process has had its ups and downs. I've met many of college footballs finest players and coaches and I'd like to thank them all for showing they were interested throughout this whole ordeal. This was a very humbling experience. I wish all the programs that dealt with me, nothing but the best in the future.
"After a lot of thought and prayer, I'm more than proud to accept a scholarship offer from the University of South Carolina. I'm doing this, I'm about to fulfill 80% of my dreams. NFL being the other 20%. The SEC is the best conference in college football. South Carolina is a beautiful state. The university is an SEC monster as well as a national contender and I can't wait to help them reach another SEC title and even a national title. I can't wait to play for a coach with such experience and control as coach Spurrier.
"I am very excited to see what my future holds at South Carolina, however as of now all of my focus is on the 2012-13 Kell High School football season. I am ready to continue to make myself, as well as my teammates better and reach our goal to a state championship. Thanks again to everyone involved. Go gamecocks! And go Longhorns!"