Oklahoma received the news they had been waiting for Monday afternoon as junior cornerback Aaron Colvin announced his intentions to return to Oklahoma for his senior season.
"I still have unfinished business at Oklahoma," said Colvin in a release through the University of Oklahoma athletics communications department. "I'm excited for the opportunity to be back on the field with my teammates in 2011. There are team and individual goals that I'd still like to accomplish at OU."
HD: Aaron Colvin 2012 highlights
For any of those that follow the Owasso (Okla.) native on Twitter Monday's announcement ends a month long process that Colvin often compared to the decision he was forced to make out of high school.
"I have decided to return for my senior season," tweeted Colvin shortly after the University press release. "Thank you to everyone who have supported me through this tough process. Back to work I go."
Selected by the Associated Press and coaches of the Big 12 conference as an All-Big 12 First Team selection, Colvin led the Oklahoma defense with 11 pass breakups and finished second on the team with four interceptions.
"I am pleased that Aaron has come to this decision and I believe it's the right one for him," said Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops. "I believe he has an opportunity to become one of the premiere defensive players in the Big 12 and in the country."
"Hopefully he'll continue to work hard to reach that potential and help us achieve our team goals."
Colvin will be the lone returning starter in Mike Stoops secondary and has started in 39 career games collecting 179 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, four interceptions, 2.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and 20 pass breakups.