August 3, 2006
Linthicum Commits To Clemson
Talk about it in The Main Board
The three-star rated prospect, tabbed by Rivals.com as the No. 15 recruit overall regardless of position in Virginia, took an unofficial visit to Clemson in June, and last week saw Cal-Berkeley.
Earlier this week the Charlottesville standout did take an unofficial visit to Virginia, but the Cavaliers were never a factor in the recruiting process.
Linthicum is the first tight end commit for Clemson in the 2007 class, one of likely two at the position.
Linthicum was recruited by Clemson tight ends coach Billy Napier and graduate assistant Paul Hogan.
Linthicum is a December graduate, so he will plan to enroll at Clemson in January, and will be eligible to participate in spring workouts beginning next March.
Clemson 2007 verbal commitments
1. Willy Korn (QB 6-2, 200) Duncan - Byrnes
2. Jarvis Jenkins (DL 6-4, 290) Central - Daniel
3. Xavier Dye (WR 6-4, 187) Greenwood
4. Wilson Norris (OL 6-5, 320) Pickens
5. David Smith (OL 6-5, 280) Greenville
6. Rennie Moore Jr. (DL 6-5, 260) St. Marys, Ga. - Camden County
7. Landon Walker (OL 6-6, 270) Ronda, NC - East Wilkes
8. Stanley Hunter (LB 5-11, 205) Duncan - James F. Byrnes
9. Scotty Cooper (LB 6-0, 206) Lake City
10. Mason Cloy (OL 6-4, 265) Columbia – Spring Valley
11. Marcus Gilchrist (DB 5-11, 175) High Point, NC – T.W. Andrews
12. Brian Linthicum (TE 6-4, 225) Charlottesville, Va. - St. Anne's-Belfield.
Football Recruiting News
R250 DE Hall commits to Ohio State
2017 LB excited about hometown SEC offer
Biggest gets in 2015: West
Las Vegas Pylon: Sunday Recruiting Notebook
Rivals.com is your source for: College Football | Football Recruiting | College Basketball | Basketball Recruiting | College Baseball | High School | College Merchandise
Site-specific editorial/photos ©2012 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. This website is an officially and independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
Statistical information ©2007 STATS LLC All Rights Reserved.